Event I
Just about on my way to Pavillion [AL] sms'ed news that [A]'s hubby [D] met with a bad accident last night with critical head injury - and according to the doctor he is brain dead :( Finally met [A]'s hubby some months back for CNY dinner at their home with the cell. [D] is a great cook have been cooking his yummy dishes for us for years. He cooked dinner for all us that CNY and it was excellent. He's hospitable, bubbly, full of life and entertaining, [A] a very humble and sincere person.. they both complement each other very much I thought to myself that evening. [A] is still in shock from the news. And I am still in shock having heard that :( So much so that when walking to Kampachi I was bit zombie like and all my thoughts and prayers was just about what had happened. Took me sometime to settle with the group when I got there as I was just so sad with for [A] of what she is going thru. It also reminded how me trying to decide what ribbons to put on the church pew is insignificant in comparison to what has happened and just having your loved one's safe.
Event II
I was very touched indeed by my fellow collegues who surprised me with a wedding gift. It was sooo thoughtful of them even though they cannot make it for the wedding. Am touched from the effort on the card and having chosen a lovely figurine for the occassion.
Thanks muchly LH,CH and PC :D I really, really appreciate what you girls and guy(s) did for Larry and I :D
Here's pics of what they have given :D

Event III
Through out dinner my thoughts were still for [A] and [D]. Dinner ended and my thoughts was still filled with the news and also colleagues wonderful gesture of the wedding gift. So much so that the police stopped me for forgetting to turn on my car lights. Policeman make me nervous even though I know I have not done something seriously wrong. The policeman gestured to write a summon and kept asking me "apa nak buat?" / "so what do you want do?" over and over again. I didnt really understand what he wanted to from me and I really wanted to believe that he was NOT asking me for money. And I actually thought maybe he wanted a remorseful apology to let me off the hook(I know I am a naive adult) - I apologized and he still asked me the same question again. Anyway I would rather pay the fine than to give him kopi money. After sometime trying to understand what he wanted from me he let me off the hook. After assessing the what happened again he must be asking me for money even though I really want to believe that he wasn't. Sigh... pls stop doing this policemen, and everyone else don't support this by giving kopi money.

3 comments:
Your blog is very timely, am fuming mad, but you're right, it's important to not lose sight of the big picture and lose yourself in the details of everyday life... Big picture being, life and loved ones treasuring the moments together... :)
I'm quite sure the wedding will be amazing Noree, you both just need to step into the room and you'll light up the whole place.
thanks pl :D yeah.. in the midst of it i'll remember not to be focusing too much on details that does not really matter - at the end of it all we'll be man and wife anyway irregardless even if the ring is forgotten :D
you rest up well.. and i know you make a good mummy.. :D
:(
I overheard you mumbled some stuff to either Payne or PeiChen that night, but didn't know such tragedy happened to your friend [A]. I hope she will be strong enough to go thru this...:(
And screw the policeman. He's not even deserved to be called as one.
Anyway tomorrow is your big day, we'll all be there for you babe!!! Finally, the day has arrived...:D
Post a Comment