Longest break I have ever had ever since I have first started working. Was doing the laundry from the trip and noticed the backyard cat has just newly given birth to 2 kittens. Must be some days old as it could barely crawl a teenie distance. It was beginning to drizzle and I thought the mommy cat would take her 2 kitties to shelter soon.
About 1 hour later the rain was pouring and I have just gotten back from "ta-pao'ing" my late lunch. Had a peek at the backyard and what a pityful sight! The 2 kittens motionless in the puddle of rain water with the rain still pouring on them! The mommy cat however was no where to be seen!
Took the kittens up and towel dried them - the poor kitties were shivering and meowing away for their mum. The rain let up and the mummy cat didn't seem to do anything to feed or help her kitties. Pretty much what we expected as the same mommy cat ate her previous kitten - yes, really dad and brother saw it... I know its hard to believe.
So what's next for the 2 kittens? Helpless feeling when seeing the kittens like that. Am still contemplating to take them to P.A.W.S....
Thursday, November 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
i bumped into an article awhile back, even human mummy might kill their very own baby, cause of the sense of deniel and most of these cases, the mother is suffering from postpartum depression.
Adopt them... or give them awa to your friends if possible....
Tried for the 2nd time if the mommy cat would take in the kittens again and she did! :D
Good thing didnt have to take to P.A.W.S coz been informed that if other mother cats there are not accepting of them then have no chance too.
Post a Comment